Frequently Asked Questions*:
- Who can enter for possible awards consideration? Any individual, chapter, or step team who/which is currently an active* member of any Greek-letter fraternity or sorority in America which has at least 25 or more years in existence and a verifiable, active national office and/or at least any of the same organizations which have a minimum of 50 chapters nationwide and a verifiable, active national office can enter for possible Greek All-Star™ Awards™ consideration. Also see ‘Entry and Deadline Criteria.’*
- How will I know if I’m selected as a finalist? Individual semi-finalists and finalists will be notified of their entry status at the appropriate time,generally by website announcement and sometimes through email. No individual nominee’s Greek-letter organization will be revealed by us until after voting has officially ended. Voting for semi-finalists and finalists is set up to be made based on the merits of the individuals, not the Greek-letter organizations of which they are members.
- Does any scholarship come with a Greek All-Star™ Award™? We are working on sponsorship of potential scholarships for GASA winners and look to give, along with their award, monetary scholarships to winners.
- Who gets to vote for the potential Greek All-Star™ Award™ winners? There are several awards categories, but only two sets of individuals/groups who can vote: 1.) Members of The Hall of Greeks™ Awards Academy™ (The Hall) and 2.) Anyone from the general public who has a GASA online account or our app.
- What happens if I am on a team that enters, but I want to enter individually as well, or vice-versa? GREAT NEWS! You can also enter to possibly be selected individually as a Greek All-Star™ even if you are on a team that has entered for possible All-Star Step Teams™ award consideration, or vice-versa.
- How is the All-Star Voting done exactly? Preliminary voting for all of the categories is done by members of The Hall only. However, final voting for the biggest category, the 11 National Greek All-Stars™, is done by Greek-letter organization members worldwide, as well as the general public.
- Who are the members of the Hall of Greeks™? The Hall of Greeks™ Awards Academy™, also known as the Hall of Greeks™ or The Hall, is made up of individual Greek-letter organization members from four sections of the Greek All-Star™ Awards™:
1.) Greek Fraternity and Sorority Hall of Fame™ Inductees.
2.) Members of the Society of Step Masters™.
3.) Past and Present Greek All-Star™ Award™ winners.
4.) Periodically selected Greek-letter organization members from the Wall of Greeks™ who are invited to become junior members of the Hall of Greeks™ Awards™ Academy, with full voting rights for the first year, and have their membership dues for their first year paid for by The Hall.
Can I become a member of the Hall of Greeks? And, if so, how? If you are an eligible member of an eligible national Greek fraternity or sorority, then yes, you can become a member in two ways:
1.) Win a Greek All-Star™ Award™ and you automatically receive and invitation to become a Senior Voting Member of The Hall.
2.) Be one of the 12 Greek-letter organization members randomly-selected from the Wall of Greeks™ per year to become Junior Voting Members of The Hall.
* As of 04/07/2016. Criteria subject to change any moment, with notice. “Eligible” and “nationally recognized” means that your Greek-lettered organization is a minimum of 25 years old and has an verifiable national headquarters -and/or- has a minimum of 50 collegiate chapters and an verifiable national headquarters. “Active” means that your dues for your national organization are paid-in-full for the year for which you are entering your name for possible awards consideration. For team and organization entries, entries must be made by authorized individuals of the branch of the organization that is entering.