The Corey Joseph Turner Scholarship
The Greek All-Star™ Awards™ was created, in part, to help draw young people to college. And, in wanting to help ensure such, even in a small way, we decided to award this college scholarship to at least one deserving college Student each main event year.
The C.J.T. Scholarship is an instrumental music college scholarship of up to $1,500.00 scheduled to be given in the name of a kind gentleman from Canton, OH who earned two Master’s Degrees and was working on his Doctorate when he was senselessly gunned down in his home in Dayton, OH. His name: Corey Joseph Turner; a wonderful classical and gospel musician and proud old-head member (2 years of membership or longer) of Phi Mu Alpha® Sinfonia and Kappa Alpha Psi® Fraternities, Inc. This scholarship is awarded to a college Student who is currently majoring in instrumental music.
- You must be a college Student and a verifiable instrumental music major at the time of your C.J.T. Scholarship application submission.
- You must possess a cumulative 2.7 or higher grade point average (G.P.A.) at the time of your application submission. Note: Higher G.P.A.s weigh more positively on your application approval and potential scholarship selection.
- Students/Applicants under eighteen (18) years of age must have both a Parent/Guardian who signs for them and an Educational Sponsor who recommends them. No exceptions. Students/Applicants who are over the age of eighteen (18) need only have an Educational Sponsor who recommends them.
- A Sponsor may sponsor more than one Student.
- For your Sponsored Student to be eligible, their scholarship application must be received by no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on September 30 of the applying year.
- IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT ALL SCHOLARSHIP ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM FIELDS BE FILLED! Leaving a field blank or falsifying any submitted registration information risks the Sponsored Student’s chances of winning any all-star scholarship for that applying year and possibly subsequent years.