“Leonardo DiCaprio Wins His 1st Oscar®”: Future Words Born from ‘The Revenant’
By Tim Carthon (Blog #27: Entertainment)
I saw The Revenant this week. Allow me to break this down for you directly and swiftly:
- Leonardo DiCaprio is one of probably the ‘Top 10 Best Actors’ to ever live, and I do NOT say that lightly. Maybe you all didn’t hear me…
- Leonardo DiCaprio is one of probably the ‘Top 10 Best Actors’ to EVER live.
- Initially, I thought he’d win an Oscar® for this role, until I saw the Danish Girl previews, then I thought to myself: “Nope. Leo’s gonna lose another one. They usually give it to someone who they feel steps completely outside of what they consider to be their ‘comfort zone’ and with whom they severely empathize as that character. A transgender woman? Yeah, they’ll probably screw Leo AGAIN this year.”
- I told that to my good man Jamole Callahan, a fantastic child welfare/foster care youth advocate and motivational speaker, after he said that Leo might win what I call his ‘Eleanor‘ this year; a fitting name, seeing as though Leo has done everything else to win an Oscar® except steal it.
- I am super busy, but Leonardo DiCaprio is my favorite actor and I’d been thinking about Jamole and my conversation, so I decided to watch The Revenant.
I now believe this is Leo’s year…finally.
In The Revenant:
- The hardships he endured were …(CLICK HERE to Read More…).
Tim Carthon; Advocate, Speaker, Author, Educator
* The opinions expressed in this article are those of the writer and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Greek All-Star™ Awards™.