Entry and Selection Criteria
Below you will find information regarding entering your name for Greek All-Star™ Awards™ consideration and the base entry criteria used by the Hall of Greeks™ Awards Academy™ and other Greek-letter organization members to select finalists and ultimately the winners. If you have any other questions regarding the entry and selection process, please feel free to Contact Us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week or for faster, in-real-time service, contact us on our social media pages through direct message.
- Both individual and organization winners are selected by the Hall of Greeks™ Awards Academy™, other Greek-letter organization members worldwide, and the public abroad based on a combination of peer recommendations, community service track record, academic excellence, performance prowess, step show record, and career achievement within the Greek fraternity and sorority world and abroad.
- Based off of nationwide competition resumes, up-to the top five (5) eligible Greek-lettered organization step teams worldwide will be selected to and performing for the Greek All-Star™ Awards™ as, and be ultimately named, Greek All-Star™ National Teams™.
- There will be only 11 Greek-letter organization members who will be selected as National Greek All-Stars™, the 2nd highest award any undergraduate Greek fraternity or sorority member can receive within the Greek fraternity and sorority realm, behind the MVG™ (Most Valuable Greek™)*.
- All entries must be received no later than 11:59pm EST on September 30 of the year for which you’re entering your name. Any entries received at 12:00am EST on October 01 or thereafter will not be included for awards consideration for that event year.
Entry and Deadline Criteria*
- You may enter as an individual Greek-letter organization member who is currently a college Student, an alumni or graduate chapter member, or a chief executive of a national/international Greek-letter organization* and must have a minimum of one (1) calendar year of official membership in your national Greek-letter organization by the time of the year’s Greek All-Star™ Awards™ main event.
- You may enter as a Greek-letter organization step team from a collegiate chapter, a graduate chapter, or a general team (consisting of only members of the same Greek-letter organization) representing an eligible national/international Greek-letter organization*.
- You may enter as a nationally-recognized Greek-letter organization by way of a collegiate chapter, a graduate chapter, or the national/international organization as a whole.*
- You can also enter to possibly be selected individually as a Greek All-Star™ even if you are on one of the members of the up-to five (5) All-Star Step Teams™ that are selected or vice-versa.
- When you Enter, you must submit your step show competitions resume (1st places, 2nd places, 3rd places, etc.) for the past 12 months, along with all required entry forms and documents.
Frequently Asked Questions* (FAQ):
1.) Who can enter for possible awards consideration? Any individual, chapter, or step team who/which is currently an active* member of any Greek-letter fraternity or sorority in America which has at least 25 or more years in existence and a verifiable, active national office and/or at least any of the same organizations which have a minimum of 50 chapters nationwide and a verifiable, active national office can enter for possible Greek All-Star™ Awards™ consideration. Also see ‘Entry and Deadline Criteria.’*
2.) How will I know if I’m selected as a finalist? Individual semi-finalists and finalists will be notified of their entry status at the appropriate time,generally by website announcement and sometimes through email. No individual nominee’s Greek-letter organization will be revealed by us until after voting has officially ended. Voting for semi-finalists and finalists is set up to be made based on the merits of the individuals, not the Greek-letter organizations of which they are members.
3.) Does any scholarship come with a Greek All-Star™ Award™? We are working on sponsorship for potential scholarships for GASA winners and look to give, along with their award, monetary scholarships to winners.
4.) Who gets to vote for the potential Greek All-Star™ Award™ winners? There are several awards categories, but only two sets of individuals/groups who can vote: 1.) Members of The Hall of Greeks™ Awards Academy™ (The Hall) and 2.) Anyone from the general public who has a GASA online account or our app.
5.) What happens if I am on a team that enters, but I want to enter individually as well, or vice-versa? GREAT NEWS! You can also enter to possibly be selected individually as a Greek All-Star™ even if you are on a team that has entered for possible All-Star Step Teams™ award consideration, or vice-versa.
6.) How is the All-Star Voting done exactly? Preliminary voting for all of the categories is done by members of The Hall only. However, final voting for the biggest category, the 11 National Greek All-Stars™, is done by Greek-letter organization members worldwide, as well as the general public.
7.) Who are the members of the Hall of Greeks™? The Hall of Greeks™ Awards Academy™, also known as the Hall of Greeks™ or The Hall, is made up of individual Greek-letter organization members housed in three Committees.
8.) Can I become a member of the Hall of Greeks? And, if so, how? If you are an eligible member of an eligible national Greek fraternity or sorority, then yes, you can become a member in two ways:
1.) Win a Greek All-Star™ Award™ and you automatically receive an invitation to become a Senior Voting Member of The Hall.
2.) Be one of the 12 Greek-letter organization member lottery winners from the Wall of Greeks™ per year to be invited to become Junior Voting Members of The Hall.
* As of 07/30/2016. Subject to change at any moment, with digital or other notice. “Eligible” and “nationally recognized” means that your Greek-lettered organization is a minimum of 25 years old and has an verifiable national headquarters -and/or- has a minimum of 50 collegiate chapters and an verifiable national headquarters. “Active” means that your dues for your national organization are paid-in-full for the year for which you are entering your name for possible awards consideration. For team and organization entries, entries must be made by authorized individuals of the branch of the organization that is entering.