The Meshawn Brown Scholarship
The Greek All-Star™ Awards™ was created, in part, to help draw young people to college. And, in wanting to help ensure such, even in a small way, we decided to award this college scholarship to at least one deserving high school Student or GED recipient each main event year.
The M.B. College Scholarship is a $1000.00 scholarship given in the name of a fallen Central State University Student from Dayton, OH, who passed away from injuries sustained in a car accident. His name: Meshawn Brown, a neophyte member (1st year) of the oldest African-American Greek-letter fraternity in the world: Alpha Phi Alpha® Fraternity, Inc.
Eerily and sadly, his death occurred on the very day the organization, of which he was a member, was founded, 101 years later. This is a general educational scholarship and is available to any high school Student or GED recipient applicant bound for college or who may be in college, but graduated from high school only up-to six (6) months prior to their submitting their scholarship application.
- You must be a current High School Senior (grade 12) or a High School/GED Graduate within the 6 months prior to your Greek All-Star™ Awards™ main event year’s eligible M.B. Scholarship application submission and have solidified plans to attend college.
- You must possess a cumulative 2.5 or higher grade point average (G.P.A.) at the time of your application submission. Note: Higher G.P.A.s weigh more positively on your application approval and potential scholarship selection.
- Students/Applicants under eighteen (18) years of age must have both a Parent/Guardian who signs for them and an Educational Sponsor who recommends them. No exceptions. Students/Applicants who are over the age of eighteen (18) need only have an Educational Sponsor who recommends them.
- A Sponsor may sponsor more than one Student.
- For your Sponsored Student to be eligible, their scholarship application must be received by no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on September 30 of the applying year.
- IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT ALL SCHOLARSHIP ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM FIELDS BE FILLED! Leaving a field blank or falsifying any submitted registration information risks the Sponsored Student’s chances of winning any all-star scholarship for that applying year and possibly subsequent years.